Thursday, February 18, 2010

USA vs Finland



All of the ladies and one brave man, Keith, went to USA vs Finland this afternoon. One of our team members, Paige, came in this week and brought three American flags with her. Paige, Peggy and I decided to get into the USA spirit and we wore our flags to the game. It drew much attention. In fact, we were stopped for pictures and had the opportunity to share so many times that we were late for the game. No worries, that is why we are here... to share wherever the opportunity arises.

It is funny and quite surprising. I am now a fan of hockey. I think I have finally figured out most of the rules. From what I could tell, Finland actually had a pretty good women's team. But our Team USA was still the winner again today. It is looking more and more like a Canada vs USA match up for the gold.

It was fun watching the game and talking with all of the US fans sitting around us. I talked with some sweet elderly folks from Colorado, some college students from Wisconsin (who by the way still hate Brett Farve). Then as I mingled in the commons area I talked with some spectators from Finland. It was a great day and I believe God's Word will NOT return void!

No comments:

Post a Comment